Ready to set up speaking engagements and give natural health talks but need a little help? Great, then the resources below will help you achieve your goal!
COMMUNICATIONS SKILLS TRAINING PROGRAMS
- Competent Communication Course by Toastmasters – This is an online training program where you get a manual to help you develop your speaking skills one step at a time. When you finish all of the projects, you are eligible for the Competent Communicator award. They also have an advanced level training.
- Introduction to Public Speaking Online Course by the University of Washington – Most of the modules in this course are free and then if you like it you can pay to access the full course and get a certificate. The time involved to complete this is only 2 hours per week for 5 weeks.
- A great list of public speaking articles can be found at SelfGrowth.com
IDEAS ON WHERE TO HOST TALKS
- Natural grocery stores (great for food demonstrations or health talks)
- Health clinics and community health organizations
- In the park
- Healthy restaurants (they often have rooms you can rent out)
- Health fairs and events
TIPS ON HOW TO GET APPROVED
Include all, or as many as possible, of the points below in your email to a potential venue when you contact them about setting up a talk.
- Be personal (use a first name if possible and make a comment about why you like their venue)
- Make it short and concise (people are busy, don’t waste their time by going into too much detail in your initial email)
- Link to a page on your website about your talks that includes a short informational video (2 -5 minutes)
- Testimonials (show some social proof)
- If it is a venue where you can honestly recommend their products or services to your attendees, let them know you will do that
- Let them know if you will be doing a free talk or if you are wanting a payment
- Be clear on exactly what your talk will be about and the title
- Let them know you will do additional marketing to drive attendees (social media, website, flyers, etc.)
- Close with a pat on the back of the venue owners for the great work they are doing and how you look forward to collaborating with them, also include your phone number
Remember, you won’t get a yes from every venue so don’t be discouraged and keep at it!
I hope this list of resources helps you out! If you would like to learn more about how to become an engaging natural health speaker and set up talks then please click the link in the sidebar to learn more about my Career Success Plan for Natural Health Pracititioners course!
Also, if you found this content useful and would like to share it with your social networks or colleagues, please click one of the links below!