Ready to help people upgrade their life through natural health coaching? Great, then the resources below will help you to create a successful practice!
MAKE YOUR INTAKE FORMS
- Terms of service form – Here you will include exactly what type of counseling you are offering, statements that it is not intended to treat, diagnose, or cure any disease, a recommendation that a qualified doctor be consulted before applying any of the suggestions, and a signature field
- Client intake forms – Examples are previous medical history including what, if any, medications they are currently taking, diet history, current health habits, main health goals, and anything else that would be useful for you to know before a session.
- There is a great site called jotform.com which has sample templates that you can download and use. With the free plan you can download up to 5 forms. My recommendation is to download the top 5 templates that match your specific coaching type and then copy the information into your own templates.
- To make your forms you could use Google Forms, Word, or any other program that people can edit and then easily send back to you. I personally like Google Forms because it will send the data back to you into an easy to read spreadsheet.
CREATE YOUR PRICING STRUCTURE
- Research other coaches who are offering similar services to you to see what they charge. If you are new to coaching then you probably want to charge less than them to begin with. Once you have some experience under your belt you can raise your rates.
- Keep in mind that lower prices won’t necessarily equate to more clients signing up though. Research has shown that services or products that have a higher price also have a higher perceived value. So make sure not to under value your service either.
- I like to offer packages to my clients so that they feel like they have more options. More often than not a client will choose your medium tier or highest tier option. But also having a lower priced session or package can make the potential client feel at ease.
- For a three tiered approach you could by the session ($50 – $150), by the month (ex. $500/month), and by the package (ex. 6 month package for $3,000).
CHOOSE A PAYMENT GATEWAY
You have many options here, but my favorite is definitely Gumroad. They have a clean and aesthetically pleasing payment interface that is easily integrated into website platforms such as WordPress.
Even though it was originally designed for selling digital content, it still works great as a payment gateway.
Below are the details of their payment gateway:
- Starts at only $10 a month
- Includes unlimited bandwidth
- Payments can be processed on your website as a pop up or through their secure external network
- For each sale they take 3.5% + 30¢
- Accepts recurring subscription payments for package options
- Includes a dashboard with awesome analytics and a great mobile app so you are easily notified of new sign ups
Other payment gateway options include:
MANAGE AND SUPPORT YOUR CLIENTS
- The Coaches Console Client Management System – Coaching clients and keeping everything organized can be a headache if you don’t have a good system in place. Luckily there are software programs such as the coaches console that help you organize everything into one application. Specifically it helps with marketing, invoicing, online scheduling, autoresponders, client management, and they even do online billing. It works as a stand alone website or you can integrate the software into your existing website. They have a monthly and yearly payment plan.
- Skype Video Call System – I have used Skype many times over the years with clients and it has worked great, especially with clients from around the world. It is free to download and only takes 5 minutes or so to get set up. It also has some cool features such as screen and file sharing, which can be great to show clients specific information during the call. Another useful tool that you can integrate with Skype is called Ecamm and allows you to record your Skype calls ($29.99). Unfortunately, as of now it only works for macs. This is a great little extra feature to offer your clients and takes away the need for them to try and remember everything discussed in the counseling session.
I hope those coaching resources are useful for you! If you would like to learn more about how to thrive as a natural health coach, attract clients, and market your services, then please click on the link in the sidebar to learn more about my Natural Health Career Academy online courses.
Also, if you found this content useful and would like to share it with your social networks or colleagues, please click one of the links below!